Wednesday, August 11, 2010

MARY

Mary is my new (and my first) health aide, and today was her first day.

Mary works hard and has a meek smile. 

When she listens to my orders, I suppress a grin because I enjoy playing out the role of Lord of the manor. I am so excited to have someone do things for me and ask me what they can do next!I can't believe my good fortune!

Mary's from Trinidad and so I'm looking forward to funky eggs and Trinidad fried rice and macaroni pie. (She suggested these as possibilities).

As we were folding laundry, she told me she prays G-d allows her to follow her purpose -  helping people. She talked about "land marking" which has something to do with connecting to as many people as possible.

"In a positive way, I assume?"

"Of course, yes."

"And what happens if G-d doesn't allow you to fulfill your purpose?"

And Mary's answer is the hub to which all questions like that are sent.

"Only He knows his reasons, only He knows why."

No comments: