I hope you're in the Christmas spirit!
The snow (here) is great but I'm moody.
I'm still riding my bike, but my legs and voice are weaker.
(Rats)
Friday (before the storm) I rode down to Whole Foods on 24th and 7th. When I finished shopping and caned my way back to my bike, I had to ask a stranger to help me lift my leg over the bar! (The bar is pretty low).
Last night, I went to the Symphony Space on 95th to hear the Brandenburg Concertos... fantastic!
(I had to use two canes for the first time).
I've been off Rilutek this month. I'll be back on it in January. Maybe that's why I'm weaker?
I feel like I can meditate and pray my way out of this ALS. Am I nuts?
(Rats)
Friday (before the storm) I rode down to Whole Foods on 24th and 7th. When I finished shopping and caned my way back to my bike, I had to ask a stranger to help me lift my leg over the bar! (The bar is pretty low).
Last night, I went to the Symphony Space on 95th to hear the Brandenburg Concertos... fantastic!
(I had to use two canes for the first time).
I've been off Rilutek this month. I'll be back on it in January. Maybe that's why I'm weaker?
I feel like I can meditate and pray my way out of this ALS. Am I nuts?
I read every day and go to the Christian Science Church in SOHO on Wednesday and Sunday. (My father's family were Christian Scientists). I was brought up a lax Episcopalian. I started going to the Christian Science Church after my diagnosis. It's been helpful, mind opening.
This morning I read a book called "Miracles"; a small book about tapping into the universal energy of G-d. I also read "Strunk and White's Element's of Style".
Both books stress the importance of clarity.
Daily, I put off researching. I'd rather get on my bike.
But I made progress today. I was on the phone with Medicare, Medco and Mitzumoto's office trying to set up a new prescription for January. I think I'm all set.
For the New Year?
I will research.
-Charlie
No comments:
Post a Comment