Monday, July 20, 2009

PENZANCE POINT








Hoffman,

Charlie here.

I'm still on Cape but will be training back this afternoon.

Stopped by Woods Hole last night.
I Had dinner at Shuckers. We dined In the back, on the harbor, on a deck, right at sea- level. Very private feeling.
Lobster, oysters, clams and a little cabernet. Food was great!

There are posters and catalogs around.
This might be another sleepy festival but the setting is SO ideal, who cares?

Driving to the restaurant at Woods Hole last night, my mother began to tell a story about spending $300 for 4 tickets to go on a house tour of tony, gated, Penzance Point.

"Penzance Point!" say I.

(ding ding ding)

"I think I've been invited to a private brunch at Penzance Point for the film makers" (I brag to the carload of people).

"Well, you've got to go! The houses are huge and very old and the area is exclusive- like a mini New Port" says my mother. "Can you bring your mother?"

"No, it's only for film-makers."

"I'm not chic enough for my son." (and this sadly, might be true)

So, there it is.

Also,

My Dad is in the hospital right now. The house is emptyish.
If you'd like, I would love it, if you would stay at my parents Saturday night, and even Friday (if you care too).

It's nice. Condos in a gated community on a gulf course.
Not ye old Cape Cod, not my style (or yours), but we could have drinks at 5? on their deck and then drive over. See the film and then the opening night party.
Helen could come too. Or anyone you might want to bring. The more the merrier.

Heads up. However. RE: me.

I am in issue land and don't want to rain on your parade.
I am slower now. (yikes)

Still, I am game. And you can put up with me for 48 hours, or less. Maybe?

If you drive, perhaps I could keep you company in the car.

Or I'll take the train or... OH!

...also, this year, they have started a ferry boat that leaves from the pier at 34th street in New York and goes directly to Woods Hole (through labor day).

Let me know if any of this appeals to you.

Of course, do what you want. I am good to go in any direction.

Charlie


_________________________________________________________

Dearest CR,

I am on board for all the fun. I will have my car, and all of my Manhattan duties are finished by Thursday afternoon. So let's go up on Friday and stay with your mom, and let's go to the brunch and everything else. Will you RSVP for us? After the fest, I will likely go up visiting in Wellfleet/Ptown. I'm still up in Woodstock, will be coming to NYC tomorrow evening. I spoke with Merrill yesterday! She's happy that we're spending the weekend together. So am I. Later.

Hoffman


______________________________________________________

Hoffman-

This is great.
I'll RSVP for Penzance.

I must ask you to prepare yourself, for moving along with me.
Prep yourself for patience mode.

I can get around but I can not hop around (right now).
This would annoy me unless I was forewarned.
So please prepare.

And, we can be independent of each other and then come together. This is good for me.

I'm looking forward to it. I'll bring my good camera and my new flip.

What do you think about bringing your video camera. Too much of a hassle?

-CR

___________________________________________

I hear you. I am patient. We will work it out.

H

No comments: