Friday, May 7, 2010

HOLDER POST -the Aroo Arc (part 15) (the end)

This post was going to be about Aroo's amazing recovery.
After a steroid shot, he completely regained his health.
(I should be so lucky).

I wanted to write about laughing with Jackie (my neighbor) about how friends had been gathering to save the cat, almost ignoring me and my own decline.

I also wanted to write about a conversation I had with Mattie about how sad I was for Aroo. It wasn't his fault that he was dying. He got this disease from his mother (probably). I wanted to relate this injustice to to my own illness. It was going to be profound and inspiring.

And I also wanted to write about burning lamb chops in my oven broiler and having the New York City Fire Department show up (six huge guys in full fireman get up, sirens blaring, an enormous fire truck idling in front of my building) and storm my small kitchen. The fire chief told me when my lamb chops were done, I should turn off the oven.

I wanted to write about ALL of this, but I'm leaving for DC tomorrow for an ALS Symposium.
I've borrowed a video camera and will try to create a short documentary.

So I don't have time (right now) to finish the arc of Aroo.
I'll put this "holder" post here as a reminder that I never finished.

No comments: