Friday, October 9, 2009

SWEDEN

Hi Charlie!

I'm sorry you have to read my bad english(spelling), but I really try hard to get it right. I don't write in English that very often.
ALS is a very, very sad "story" for me, but I don't think people around me can see that. They always say that I look "really great". I hate it! Inside me I feel very sick and helpless.

Me and my partner was training - "Powerwalking" when my legs started to hurt, it did hurt that much I couldn't do any powerwalk no more and after that everything changed. In november 2007 I fell and broke my left arm (upper) and since then I can't walk at all, just a few steps. I put on weight because I cant do any exercise at all. I miss my powerwalks and I hate my new weight. I know that I'll lose weight in the furure, but as I live day by day I hate beeing fat.

How often do you see your doctor? I see my ALS-team (Dr, welfare officer, nurse, occupational therapist) every 3 to 4 month and I also meet my Speech therapist and a dietician now and then. They are all very helpful and kind.

Today me and my partner and our dog are going to our weekend cottage. That'll be nice!

Take care!

Kevin

________________________

Kevin,

I had a bad doctor situation. An excellent doctor in the city, but he was rude.
I have been a bit of a problem patient because at first I said "no". This is not for me. You are wrong.

I don't see ANY doctors right now which worries me.
I DO see an alternative doctor and take glutathione once a week (IV).
I take tons of vitamins. I am eating all organic. I bought a juicer.
I bought a motor bike for the city.
I write every day.

My speech is terrible, escpecially when I drink wine... which I like to do.
I live alone. So I have a cleaning lady once a week.
My apartment is mostly a mess because I can't be bothered to pick things up.

My life before ... (I was never home) so my apartment is not set up well.
I've been thinking about redoing it (somehow) since I am here a lot of the time.

I'm not depressed. I take St. Johns Wort 3 times a day and that seems to do the trick.
I want to write and work on photography but I have mounds of paperwork and I am so sluggish.
I guess I'm hoping everything will be okay.

(GREAT that you have a weekend house) That was big on my list before "this" came up.

CHARLIE

No comments: