I remember watching the TV interviews on ABC.
I remember trying to memorize what Morrie said.
Something about love being the answer. Letting go of anger.
Two summers ago I picked up the book at a tag-sale on the Cape.
I read it in a few sittings. The book didn't make much of an impact compared to the TV interviews.
The book is still sitting on a dresser in my parent's house in Cape Cod.
Tonight, I learn, that Morrie died from ALS. Oh.
I didn't remember that. Two summers ago I didn't really ever consider ALS.
I didn't consider what he had.
All diseases seemed the same to me.
Somehow I feel competitive with Morrie (or) maybe a little cynical.
All those wonderful thoughts he had, I have had them too (I think).
I'll have to look at the book again.
But, I don't know.
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment