Sunday, September 13, 2009

patients like me... I guess.

I sit around and read from the website "Patients Like Me".
I look for patients that are my age and sex.
I want to get ideas for supplements and therapies.

I find Drew.
Drew is 36, male and from Stamford Conn.

Oh good.
I go to his profile.

Nice looking guy, a hockey player.

I read,
he's been to China three times for stem cell therapy!
He is charged up.
He writes he's

"HELL BENT ON BEATING ALS AND I'M NOT MARRIED AND I DON'T HAVE ANY KIDS- ALTHOUGH, I WANT THEM! ... I THINK THROUGH HARD WORK AND RESEARCH - WE CAN BEAT ALS."

I like the way this guy thinks. Why was I listening to that doctor at Columbia Presbyterian?
I should be going to China. This guy is on a lithium too.  Something my doctor discouraged.
It could make you worse,  he said.

Drew doesn't care, and neither should I.
It's my life and I want to fight this thing!!

There are photos of Drew swimming. Pictures of him with his PT.
And he has a blog!
(I should write in my blog).

Let me go to his, and see what his blog is like.

And I read;
Our Drew lost his battle with ALS on Tuesday April 7, 2009. His family would like to thank all of the people who made Drew's journey a little more bearable by following his blog, leaving notes of encouragement and comments. He will not be forgetten.
Thank You,

The Schroner Family


No comments: