Thursday, April 30, 2009

LETTER

Hello Dr. Ranjan,
I am well. I hope you are too.

My next appointment is May 29th. Since I haven't had any new tests, I was wondering what to expect from this appointment.

Also, I was wondering about your thoughts about this...

Best,

Mr. Roberts

Number 153 of Nov 23, 2007.
>
> “Lithium "to slow down, with a certainty in excess of 95%, the progression of ALS". These exceptional results came out from an Italian study on 48 ALS patients, 32 treated with standard therapy of riluzol, 16 treated with riluzol and lithium. These results have already been submitted to a well-known international journal that is now verifying the data and may publish the report shortly. "15 months after the start of the study, 30% of the patients treated only with riluzol died. In the second group there were no deaths, even though half of the patients in the group had the most aggressive form of ALS, that is bulbar". This is what one of the Italian researchers, experimenting with the use of lithium against ALS, Francesco Fornai, associate professor of the department of Human Morphology and applied biology at the University of Pisa, stated. Furthermore, utilizing parameters from the neurological scale to measure progression, there was no significant
> deterioration of the ALSFRS-R, while the decline was evident within 3 months in the other group. At the end of the study the decline was measured at 50%. A preview of this study was given on Nov 8, 2007 during the ***IV LIMPE Congress, the Italian league in the fight against Parkinson's disease.”
>
>

No comments: